Buying shoes online is as tricky for you as it is for us. Not only do different shoe manufacturers have minute differences in the cutting, but the materials used also make a difference in your fit.
So in order to make the process as fuss-free as possible, and as accurate for everyone as possible, here are a few simple guidelines:
1) Check your feet measurements against our size chart (or outline your feet on a plain piece of paper)
2) Stand on the printed chart barefoot or wearing a sock, whichever way you want to wear Flips
3) Hold a pencil vertically (90º) against your heel and place a mark at the end of your heel
4) Place another mark at the tip of your longest toe
5) Measure the heel-to-toe mark (in inches)
6) Check the corresponding size table for Flips flip-flops according to the style type
7) For example, if your heel-to-toe measurements are 9.5”, your Flips flip-flop size would be a Flips size 6.
Method 1 – Print the printable Flips Size Guide
Just print and use this size chart to verify your foot size. When you click the 'PRINT' function in your browser, make sure you do not let your printer resize the page to fit your paper. In your 'PRINT SETTING' box, there is usually a function called 'PAGE SCALING'. Make sure that it is set to 'NONE' before printing. This will ensure that your printout will be an accurate size. Inches are also marked along the side of the chart to ensure the scaling is correct. You can also download our size guide.
Method 2 - Outline Your Own Feet Size On Paper
If you opt to do your own outline of your feet, make sure you follow the same guide above (steps 2 – 6) and refer to the table below.
A few words of advice!
When buying Flips flip-flops, we recommend buying a half inch size bigger than your heel-to-toe measurements for a more relaxed fit. For a more snug fit, choose the exact measurement. So for a 9.5” heel-to-toe measurement, choose Size 6 for a more snug fit and Size 7 fit. Here’s where you may also need to make the right choices based on your past shopping experiences!